Good afternoon!! I'm getting a late start with this today as my day has been sooo hectic.
Yesterday, I didn't grocery shop or plan my meals. My family was over and after they left about 5PM, I just lounged around and watched some football & went to RedBox & rented Crazy, Stupid Love. It was actually very good.
So today, in the middle of my crazy work day - I decided to check out Pinterest for inspiration for this weeks' meals.
But first - a recap of last week's meals - - The potato frittata was awesome! I was tempted to make it for the 'sleep over' that I'm having Friday with my book club ladies, but one of the girls is lactose intolerant so that won't really work.
The chicken with mushroom & white wine sauce was also amazing. The sauce is so good that I should make some and just leave it jarred in the 'fridge for pasta when I need a quick meal.
I didn't get to making the Scallop & Shrimp casserole as the prices for seafood seemed outrageous at the Martin's I shop at - but I checked out Wegman's today and found they were even more expensive.
So...
Today (Monday) I will make the Scallop & Shrimp Newburg Casserole I didn't make last week. I think I'll stop at Harris Teeter and see if they have cheaper seafood. Probably not, though.
Tuesday - leftovers from tonight, or possibly some Dirty Rice from Zatarin's.
Wednesday - dinner out with a friend!
Thursday - Lazy Sunday Casserole (found on Pinterest here!)
Friday - Sleep Over!!! I'm making: Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup (also found on Pinterest)
Saturday morning I will probably just set out some bagels with cream cheese & some coffee.
Anyone do any t.v. or movie watching this weekend? What about choosing not to menu plan??
No comments:
Post a Comment