Good afternoon!!
It is beautiful here in VA (around 70 degrees!) but alas, I am inside, working, without even a window to look out of. Oh well - you've got to work, right?!
Thanksgiving was lovely this year - hung out with the family and ate some food. My mom, sisters, and I went shopping Friday - nothing crazy, just a little clothes shopping. I needed a dress for my company's Christmas party & a couple pairs of jeans. We didn't notice anything super exciting, but did hear that security had to use a Taser on someone earlier in the day at the mall we were shopping at.
This weekend I did a little menu-planning on Saturday because my sister was coming over Saturday night and I needed to go to the store to get something for us to eat so I figured I might as well do all of my grocery shopping. Also - the points I'd accumulated at Martin's (for gas) were going to expire Saturday so I definitely wanted to take advantage of $0.20 off each gallon!
So - -
Saturday night we made Pizza
Sunday evening I made a Potato Frittata and I found the recipe on Joy the Baker's website - - it was very tasty and I would really like to make it for my girlfriends when they come to spend the night in a couple weekends. The longest part of the whole recipe is really cutting the potatoes & cooking them.
Monday will be: Mushroom White Wine Chicken with Pizzaz (recipe from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen)
Tuesday - leftovers!
Wednesday will be: Scallop & Shrimp Newburg casserole which I apparently pulled from a Family Circle magazine about 3 years ago!
Thursday & Friday - leftovers!!
I finally remembered to bring in the recipe for the stir-fry sauce for the Shrimp Fried rice that I made last week (which was, eh, okay).
I used:
1/4 C cornstarch
1/8 C brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp minced, fresh ginger
1 large garlic clove - minced
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 C soy sauce
1/8 C cider vinegar
1 C chicken or beef broth
1/4 C dry sherry (optional)
1/4 C water
Mix first 5 ingredients. Add soy sauce & vinegar. Shake until blended. Add broth, sherry, and water. Shake. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. May be frozen.
This made about 2 cups of marinade.
The marinade was actually the best part of the stir fry. I didn't really enjoy the vegetables or the shrimp. Oh well!!
Anyone make anything great this weekend? Anyone do any black Friday shopping??
No comments:
Post a Comment