Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Meals for August 27th - September 8th

Hello, hello!

So let's discuss the meals from the past week or so - -

The alfredo pizza was aaa-mazing.  I'm not really sure why I've never substituted alfredo for marinera, but it was so tasty.
The pizza chicken was very good too.  Pretty easy and simple enough to make only as many pieces as you need for each person in your family.
Now, the taco loaf... I thought it was good the first night, but when it came to leftovers, it wasn't something that I ran toward.
I made the ginger salmon next and it was soooo good.  The b.f. really liked it as well.
The quick cajun chicken penne was good.  I made it last night and it was really just blackened chicken with alfredo sauce, chopped tomatoes, and green onions.

Also - here's the recipe from the stogonoff/veggie meal I made. I exchanged the barley soup with cream of mushroom soup so my version creates a whiter sauce that is incredibly tasty.

August 26 - September 1 Meals:

Monday:  Philly Cheese steak Stuffed Green Peppers from Peace, Love, and Low Carb blog
    (made it last night and these were sooo tasty!  I've got leftovers today that I'm very excited to eat).
Tuesday:  Seared Scallops over Wilted Spinach & Parmesan Risotto from skinnytaste.com
Wednesday: leftovers (if any)
Thursday:  b/f is on his own as I'm not home
Friday:  Cheesy Chicken & Rice Skillet Dinner w. Bacon from Picky-Palate.com

September 2 - September 8 Meals:

Having a Labor Day picnic Monday, so here's the menu so far:
Hot & Cheesy Caramelized Corn Dip from HowSweetEats.com
Cobb Salad
Watermelon Raspberry Sangria from PipandEbby.com

Tuesday:  Italian Sausage with Apples & Onions
Wednesday:  Crispy Honey Lime Tilapia from HowSweetEats.com with Herb Crusted Sweet Potato Bites also from HowSweetEats.com

Thursday & Friday: leftovers of some kind

Have a wonderful Tuesday!!

No comments: