Monday, January 2, 2012

Cooking/Blogging Delay - but now I'm back!!

Good afternoon everyone (all 2 people that read my blog ( = .  )  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah, etc. & a lovely New Years. 

My last couple weeks have been busy, in a way that kept me from blogging & cooking, but slow enough that I felt like I was at work less time than I was at home - which I was totally okay with!!


But I do remember whether the food I last talked about was good or not - so here we go!

The Zesty Rice & Beef dish was amazing!  Even the boyfriend loved it and scarfed about half of it down in one sitting.  This will go on my list of 'to-cook-again's. 

The Cheesy Chicken Pasta Primavera, which was a recipe I had cooked in the past, was very good.  I love it  because it's got chicken, veggies & a lovely alfredo-like sauce.  The boyfriend didn't seem to eat too much of it, even though I tried not to give his portion too many vegetables.  I did cook it the day before he left to go home for Christmas weekend, so we had to throw out the leftovers. 

The Italian Rice & Sausage was okay. Yes, just okay.  I probably won't cook it again unless I decide to use a different type of sausage.  The kind I used just didn't seem to fit with the taste of the rice, tomatoes, etc. 

I did make the white chocolate creme brulee from the back of the Ghiardelli's package & it was sooo good!!  It was much better after it cooled down and firmed up. 

 This week - I've already started eating what I've planned. 

Sunday - I made Crock-Pot French Onion Soup (probably should have planned a little better as the thought of cooking & eating this almost made me throw up on the way home from D.C. after New Year's...oh well, I went ahead and made it and ate it anyway)
   This was very good.  I had it again for lunch today and it was still very tasty.  I used Woodchuck Cider instead of beer because I thought it was a waste of $8 to buy a 6-pack of Redbridge so I could use a portion of one beer for one meal. The beer may make it taste more heavy. 

Monday (today) - I plan to cook Red Wine & Goat Cheese Risotto from How Sweet It Is 

Tuesday - leftovers!

Wednesday - my sisters are coming over (!!) and luckily - I'm planning to make Amaretto-baked French toast with Pecans from Sweet Paul Magazine 

Thursday & Friday are a mystery to me. Maybe we'll have some leftovers (if there are any!).

I hope everyone has a lovely week!!

Rachel

No comments: