The week of January 16th:
Monday: Original Carabba's Chicken Bryan from food.com
This tasted wonderful. Of course, I love goat cheese so you can do no wrong when a recipe includes it!
Tuesday: (was supposed to be) Deer Tenderloin & boxed scalloped potatoes made by the b.f., but I think we went out instead.
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: Marinated steak with pasta & mushroom sauce (from Rachael Ray)
I belive the sauce I made was supposed to be based on the above recipe, with some mushrooms thrown in. I enjoyed the pasta, but I don't like super heavy sauces, or too much sauce on pasta.
Friday: leftovers or dinner out
The week of January 23rd:
Monday: Cashew Chick Stir-Fry from Rachael Ray
This tasted okay. I actually enjoyed the snow peas more than the chicken. I may make this again, using the sauce recipe, and leave out the protein.
Tuesday: Polenta Birds in a Nest from Rachael Ray
Okay, this was AWESOME. I had it for breakfast most mornings. It's just hearty enough to get me through to lunch. I will definitely be making this again!
Wednesday: Dinner with a friend at the Mexican resturant in Front Royal (awesome enchiladas!)
Thursday: Stuffed Pepper Soup from SkinnyTaste.com
This was alright. I added cheese to my first bowl and thought it tasted wonderful. I still have some leftovers of this to eat and may eat that tonight.
Friday: went to a movie & then ate Taco Bell (so gourmet!) afteward
The week of the 30th:
I went grocery shopping Saturday night so I got stuff to make for Sunday for lunch & dinner.
Sunday (lunch): Beef & Blue Pizza from Better Homes & Gardens from September 2007 - therefore, I can't find the recipe anywhere
But this pizza was SOOO tasty!!
Monday: I've moved in to having weekly meetings on Monday night so I can't make anything Monday night or it would be 10 o'clock before I eat
Tuesday: Philly Cheese Stuffed Bread from Rachael Ray for the b.f. (and it's been so long that I don't remember what I ended up having...)
Rob said that this was good. I think the bread became a little too crunchy though..
Wednesday: Spinach-Mushroom Quiche from a CorningWare cutout from the Rachael Ray magazine - please see recipe card below. Sorry that it's so small - you should be able to click on it and enlarge it.
This was alright. I think I had the 'crust' wayyy too thick and it didn't cook properly.

For lunch through out the week - I purchased the stuff to make Turkey Wraps with Cucumber Cream Cheese. The recipe is from Rachael Ray magazine and they were so very tasty!!
You'll see in my last post that I was out of town the week of February 6th, so I of course didn't cook.
The week of the 13th, I am very unsure why I didn't get on the ball and figure out meals for the week...
The week of the 20th, we had been out of town that weekend so I didn't get to plan the meals out or go grocery shopping so we were flying by the seat of our pants.
But finally - I've caught up to this current week!!
Monday: meeting tonight - I'll find something to somewhere
Tuesday: I'll be making pasta with the Philadelphia cream cheese Cooking Creme along with the spaghetti sauce I canned this summer. This concoction is soo very tasty!
Wednesday: I'm going to try and make a pot roast in my crock pot.
I think I'll cut up two onions and lay them cut side down on the bottom, then put a large chunk of thawed-out beef on top of them, and then put enough water (and I'm going to use a can of beef broth as well) in the pot to cover the beef. I'll keep the crock pot on low all day, and I'll probably chop up carrots, potatoes, and green pepper prior to Wednesday so that I can call the b.f. around 3 or so and get him to add more water to the crock pot and throw the veggies in.
I hope this works out and I will defintely report back in!
Thursday: book club ladies are all meeting up for dinner and book discussion
Friday: I'm going to attempt making stromboli's!
Shew - that was an incredibly long post. I will work to keep up with posting weekly so this doesn't happen again!
- Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment