Tuesday, September 28, 2010

busy weekend (late!!)

so my weekend was pretty busy & it was all because that's how i wanted it.

friday i decided to follow some blog advice/inspiration & redo my spice cabinet. it was quite a mess.

see: &

now it is much easier to pull out just the types of spices that you'll need. i purchased new jars from World Market (my most favorite store ever) & that way, if i ever decide to go the route of storing my spices in a drawer, they'll all be the same size & i can tell what is in each jar.

after:


Saturday morning - i got to sleep in & had already made up my mind the night before that i would finally make the bookpage wreath that i had seen & loved. well i did it. and it definitely did take me 2 hours +.
but here are the results:

and now with a little color added:

the wreath sits on my back door & i think it turned out great. it's a bit of a mix between two of the versions that i'd seen. i like the flower that i pinned on the wreath because i think it could easily be taken off & something a little more winter/Christmas related could be added...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi rachel! i love the design that you used on your book wreath! i might have to copy! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your wreath! I saw your link at jones design company and found your blog. I like that its not too fluffy :) Can I ask you how many layers you did? I hope that makes sense! :) Love it!

~Flora

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

your wreath looks great! i'm on hour FIVE of mine and still not finished. next time i think i'll tweak the process a bit.

Matthew Boucher said...

i love that wreath! i must make one soon. and thanks for reminding me how terribly unorganized my spice cabinet is...

Rachel M said...

wow - ultimate failure on my part for never seeing that i had comments waiting for me to publish.

i apologize for the delayed response!!

Flora - thank you! I believe I only had two layers and I rolled the book pages instead of folding them.

Anna See - yes, this definitely took a LONG time & there were multiple glue gun burns but I think it was worth it.

Melinda - thanks for the comment. I hope Asher is doing lovely. (and I'm sure no one worries about your spice cabinet!!)